bug#23602: Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex

carl hansen
>> automake --version
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at /opt/gsrc/bin/automake line 3936.
automake (GNU automake) 1.15
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later ....


using perl 5.22.1

how to fix ?



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex

carl hansen


On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM, carl hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> automake --version
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at /opt/gsrc/bin/automake line 3936.
automake (GNU automake) 1.15
Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later ....


using perl 5.22.1

how to fix ?



 was:

   $text =~ s/\${([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/substitute_ac_subst_variables_worker ($1)/ge;

following the message, this seems to work; not thoroughly tested:

   $text =~ s/\$\{([^ \t=:+{}]+)\}/substitute_ac_subst_variables_worker ($1)/ge;

leaning toothpicks....

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: [PATCH] Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex

Pavel Sanda-2
In reply to this post by carl hansen
On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM, carl hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> automake --version
>Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^ \t=:+{}]+)}/ at /opt/gsrc/bin/automake line 3936.
>automake (GNU automake) 1.15

It seems that various distributions started to fix this on their own.
Could anyone responsible push this trivial fix to the upstream?

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=202986

Pavel



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: automake does not work at all with Perl 5.26.0

Daniel Schepler
In reply to this post by carl hansen
With the recent release of Perl 5.26.0, this warning has become an
error, so automake doesn't work at all on any packages.  For example,
with libvncserver-0.9.11 (which doesn't provide any release tarball
with pregenerated autotools):

...
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy
Unescaped left brace in regex is illegal here in regex; marked by <--
HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([6 \t=:={}]+)}/ at /usr/bin/automake line
3936.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 255
--
Daniel Schepler



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: automake does not work at all with Perl 5.26.0

Mathieu Lirzin
Hello Daniel,

Daniel Schepler <[hidden email]> writes:

> With the recent release of Perl 5.26.0, this warning has become an
> error, so automake doesn't work at all on any packages.  For example,
> with libvncserver-0.9.11 (which doesn't provide any release tarball
> with pregenerated autotools):
>
> ...
> autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy
> Unescaped left brace in regex is illegal here in regex; marked by <--
> HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([6 \t=:={}]+)}/ at /usr/bin/automake line
> 3936.
> autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 255

What version of Automake are you running?

I suspect this issue has already been fixed in the Git repository, see:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/automake.git/commit/?h=micro&id=13f00eb4493c217269b76614759e452d8302955e

This will be fixed in the next micro release, that I expect to be able
to make this summer.

Thanks for you report.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

bug#23602: automake does not work at all with Perl 5.26.0

Hans-Bernhard Bröker
Am 05.06.2017 um 00:24 schrieb Mathieu Lirzin:

> I suspect this issue has already been fixed in the Git repository, see:
>
>    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/automake.git/commit/?h=micro&id=13f00eb4493c217269b76614759e452d8302955e

Indeed, Paul Eggert applied a fix in March 2016.

> This will be fixed in the next micro release, that I expect to be able
> to make this summer.

Good to hear that.



Loading...